Mian Iqbal Salahuddin currently serves as the CEO Sally Textile Mills Limited. Having attained his Masters in Business Administration from the University of Punjab, Mr. Salahuddin has continually strived to advance the teachings of the works of his maternal grandfather Dr. Allama Muhammad Iqbal. Accordingly, he is also the Chairman of the Punjab Holy Quran Society and President of the Dabistan-e-Iqbal, an establishment that aims to conceptualize, elaborate, disseminate and expand the intellectual, poetic and philosophical works and message of Dr. Allama Muhammad Iqbal.
Vision Statement: Dabistan-e-Iqbal aspires to play a global role as a world class centre of excellence in conceptualizing , elaborating, disseminating and expanding the intellectual, poetic and philosophical works and message of Allama Iqbal with a view to create a tolerant and a humane society on the principles of universal EQUALITY, SOLIDARITY and FREEDOM.
1. To provide a genuine forum, engaging leading literati in the field of Allama Iqbal’s thought, to define and elucidate the Iqbalian ideology to the contemporary world.
2. To use Iqbal’s philosophy as a valid instrument for the awakening of the Muslim world from decadence and lethargy and help creating a dynamic movement in their thought and action.
3. To help realize the vital role of exercising ijtihād (independent reasoning) with special reference to Iqbal’s “Reconstruction Of Religious Thought In Islam”, keeping pace of the Islamic thought and action.
4. To help realize Iqbal’s vision of Pakistan as a model of true Spiritual Democracy embodying equality, solidarity, freedom, justice, security and tolerance, thus paving way for uplift in the religious, intellectual, social, political and economic lives of people.
5. To provide the youth with a platform to acquaint genuinely with Iqbalian Thought for the formation of a desired creative Islamic character that can stem the tide of time, and the one that can dictate in global forums on its own terms.
Objectives: Dabistan-e-Iqbal plans to achieve its cherished vision by outreaching all segments of the society aiming to enlighten them with Iqbalian Thought. Our areas of action are promotion of education , youth development, creation of a think tank, co-operation and collaboration with like-minded organizations, printing and publications, and effective use of multi-media.
Visit www.dabistaneiqbal.com for further information.